What Taxonomy Tags Can Be Used to Do
Taxonomy tags make it possible to create dynamically generated pages that are assembled from queries to the database that return the items with the appropriate tag or tags.
How to Select & Add Tags
- Important: When selecting 'child' tags, you must also select the parent. For example: In the Audiences taxonomy, if you want to select Young adult librarian, you must also select Librarian.
- Units should always include their unit tag on their content, even if no other tags are added.
- Go to the appropriate taxonomy.
- Scroll the list to locate the relevant tag(s).
- Highlight the tag desired.
- To select multiple tags from the same taxonomy: hold down the Control key and click on each one (use the Command key on Macs).
- Save the content.
Proposing a New Term for the Existing Taxonomies
If, after reviewing the available taxonomy terms you have a need for others, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually, your request will be reviewed, and implemented if approved, within two business days.
As of March 2017, and subject to additions upon request.