The ALA Library has both physical and digital resources, some accessible directly through the links below, others through the Library catalog.
Search the ALA Library Catalog
Popular ALA E-Resources (this page is restricted to Staff only due to licensure requirements)
ALA Library catalog -- linking you to both traditional and digital resources
- Search Articles - includes all periodicals and databases that are available online to ALA Staff
- Chicago Public Library Online Resources for ALA Staff
- How-to video on using ALA Digital Catalog (21:13)
- How-to video on using Staff Restricted resources (5:48)
ALA Archives (direct link to the site) --
- See the Donate Materials page with its detailed instructions on depositing records to the ALA Archives and a PDF Transmittal Form.
- ALA Archives Transfer Guidelines (Word Document)
- Archives Transmittal Form template (Word Document, editable)
- Paper Record Disposition Schedules Matrix (2003)
- Recommended Records Retention Schedule (2003)
ALA Institutional Repository (ALAIR - our digital archive)
ALA Web Archive (for archiving old webpages)
Periodical and E-Newsletter routing -- To get the latest issues of professional journals and magazines delivered right to your desk, interoffice or electronically, complete the periodical routing request form.
How to create journal alerts
Pathfinders and guides to answer frequent questions
Topics A to Z -- professional resources organized by topic (these are publicly available pages)
Library Resource Guides - includes former Fact Sheets
Send suggestions and corrections to the Library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org