By donating to Friends of ALSC you are supporting programs and services that impact children around the country. ALA and ALSC offer donors a number of great options for how to give.
Friends of ALSC was created to ensure excellence in the Association's traditional programs and services and to support growth in new directions as our profession meets the exciting challenges of the 21st century.
Current Donors List
2021 Donors [9/1/20 through 8/31/21]
2020 Donors [9/1/19 through 8/31/20]
Areas of support
As a Friend of ALSC you can choose to support one or more of these initiatives at the core of ALSC's mission:
- Professional Development - Support opportunities for all members to grow through grants, scholarships, web-based learning and training through new technologies.
- Early Literacy Projects - Support early literacy initiatives, guaranteeing ALSC's place in the forefront of our nation's literacy campaigns.
The Friends of ALSC support the work of members and celebrate opportunities to grow as professionals. The Friends of ALSC lend their support to scholarships and various projects, some of which are listed below:
- Graphic design of #LooktoLibraries public awareness campaign graphics.
- Relief Renewals for BIPOC Members
- Biannual Institute scholarships.
- Membership recruitment video.
- Comforting Reads Booklist design and print.
- Donation to the National Association to Promote Library & Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish Speaking (REFORMA) Children in Crisis Fund.
Upcoming Support from the Friends of ALSC:
- Continued support of Relief Renwals for BIPOC Members until a total of 50 memberships have been awarded.
The Friends of ALSC enjoy generous support from member of ALSC as well as non-members. Learn more about how ALSC recognizes donors.
If you're interested in giving, please find the Donate section of the Friends of ALSC site where you can learn more about making your donation. See the Current Donors heading above for a list of our most recent Friends donors.
Every year, the Friends of ALSC produce an annual report which highlights the group's activities and events. For more information, please see the downloadable PDFs below.