This body provides general oversight and direction of the affairs of the association. It conducts all business pertaining to the association at a strategic and policy level, and has authority to make decisions for the association. Directors are elected by the ALSC membership and serve three-year terms. The ALSC Board of Directors works toward the good of the overall association.
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/18/2021. Last retrieved on 05/18/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
ALSC Board Liaison Responsibilities
The following Directors are assigned as liaisons to the following committees and task forces (listed alphabetically by group name):
- Advocacy and Legislation Committee- Africa Hands
- Education Committee- Nina Lindsay
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion within ALSC Implementation Task Force- Sujei Lugo
- Public Awareness Committee- Elisa Gall
- Research Agenda Task Force- Linda Ernst
- Student Gift Membership Task Force- Karen MacPherson
- Summer Reading and Learning Task Force- Amy Sears
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.