Your participation in ALSC brings meaningful change to the profession and your career. From serving on an award committee to writing an article for ALSC, there are many ways to get involved and participate, both online and onsite! We're always open to new ideas, so please send them our way!
Click the image at left for a larger version [PDF]
There's a place for you with ALSC! Regardless of your expertise or background, you can find a way to participate. Here are some ideas to get you started!
You can also check out our FREE on-demand webinar: Get Involved with ALSC: Navigating Opportunities within the Organization.
- Submit a Committee Volunteer Form
- Write for the ALSC Blog or Children & Libraries
- Become a mentor or mentee in the ALSC Mentoring Program
- Represent ALSC in the ALSC Roadshow
Professional Development & Education
- Take part in Take Action Tuesday
- Register a Día program
- Participate in virtual National Library Legislative Day
Networking & Connections
- Come to an ALSC Community Forum
- Tweet your ideas in an #alscchat Twitter discussion
- Join in the conversation on ALSC-L
- Sign up for the Every Child Ready to Read Ning
- Apply for a scholarship, grant, or award
- Volunteer to be the ALSC Blog Member of the Month
- Submit a proposal to present at a conference
- Send in your personal, career news and program ideas to ALSC Matters!
- Enter an ALSC Blog or Facebook contest
- Create a program video and submit it to the ALSC YouTube page
Want ALSC information sent directly to your inbox? ALSC Update reaches thousands of librarians, educators, and library school students with timely content that links directly to ALSC events, programs, and services. All emails are optimized for mobile viewing. ALSC Update is sent out the first Wednesday of every month.
ALSC on ALA Connect
ALA Connect is the official online network for the American Library Association and the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC). All ALA members have access to ALA Connect. Members are encouraged to use ALA Connect for committee work, collaboration, brainstorming, networking, and creating meaningful career connections. Learn more.
Getting Involved with ALSC Webinar
In 2017, ALSC Vice President, Jamie Campbell Naidoo, held a webinar on the many ways to get involved with ALSC. You can view this free archived webinar here: Get Involved with ALSC: Navigating Opportunities within the Organization.