ALSC is the world's largest organization dedicated to the support and enhancement of library service to children. And with that comes a network of members who share knowledge, build new programs and services, and advocate for better library service.
Check out ALSC Membership testimonials from the 2016 ALA Annual Conference on Youtube!
The value of ALSC Membership
Access to resources that strengthen libraries
- A subscription to Children and Libraries: The Journal of the Association for Library Service to Children, a quarterly publication, delivered in print and digitally, that provides continuing education for librarians working with children and showcases current scholarly research and practice in library service to children and significant activities and programs of the association.
- Apply for $100k annually in awards, scholarships and grants available only to ALSC members
- 10% discount on professional products including ALSC books on awards, best practices and innovative programming ideas
- Travel scholarships for special events such as the National Institute and ALSC preconferences
- Access to the ALSC Annual Report, which highlights all of the important actions and activities from the previous year
- ALSC’s Everyday Advocacy website and the Everyday Advocacy Matters newsletter, designed to nurture and support all advocates of library service to children and librarians serving youth
Professional development opportunities that transform careers
- 10% discount on quarterly online courses that develop new skills and areas of expertise for librarians and children’s literature enthusiasts
- Free access to live webinars and archived webinars, covering topics that are important to your career
- Special rates on pre-conferences, conferences, and ALSC's National Institute's, which are all great places to advance your knowledge base and build leadership skills
Networking with individuals all across the country to create ideas and solve problems
- Connection to approximately 60k ALA members via ALA Connect, ALA’s online member network
- Access to ALSC Community Forums, held via Zoom, which bring members together to discuss important issues in children’s library service
- Joining members across the country in giving back to the profession through the ALSC Mentoring Program
- Eligibility to vote and stand for candidacy in all ALSC elections, including award committee elections
For more information on how to get the most out of your ALSC membership, view our FREE on-demand webinar, Get Involved with ALSC: Navigating Opportunities within the Organization.
Joining ALSC and ALA is easy and a great way to take your career to the next step. Prospective members can join ALSC and ALA via phone, email, or mail. Below is a list of dues for ALA/ALSC personal membership.
|Category||ALSC Dues||ALA Dues||Total|