Sharjah International Book Fair/ALA Library Conference
SAVE THE DATE!
Save the date! We’ll let you know when registration opens in early summer 2017.
You can look forward to:
- Programs and poster sessions for all types of libraries—school, public, university, and special—on a wide range of topics you’ve told us are important to you.
- Changes based on what you told us you need after the 2016 event, such as more interactive programs and a different time for the poster session.
- Two days of productive continuing education, networking with local and international colleagues, and sharing ideas in both formal and informal settings.
- Special pre-conferences for in-depth professional development.
- The Sharjah International Book Fair.
If you want to look back or discover sessions, you can view the 2016 presentations.
We look forward to seeing you November 7-9, 2017!
Track the tag #SIBFALA16 for past news of the 2016 SIBF-ALA Conference.
What past participants said
What a great conference. It was really inspiring. Memorable experience!
It's wonderful to have a conference like this in this region, allowing people to experience an ALA- quality conference.
Great interaction with librarians from other countries, and quality sessions with brilliant ideas to make our library much more
valuable and offer better services.
It's a spectacular achievement for SIBF and ALA to become partners and I am sure that will help in enhancing librarians’ skills in the Arab countries.
It was an opportunity to meet other librarians. Good networking opportunities!
The best part was the practices shared by librarians from their [own] libraries.
It united all LIBRARIANS together.
The American Library Association (ALA) provides leadership for the development, promotion, and improvement of library and information services and the profession of librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all.
The Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) is one of the largest book fairs in the world, the most prestigious in the Arab world and home to the most exciting literary event in the region. “For the love of the written word” is its inspiration, passion and reason for being.
The Combined Book Exhibit collaborates with ALA and SIBF to manage the conference and is the sponsor liaison and support.
For additional information, please contact the ALA International Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +01-312-280-3201.