Join us for the 7th Annual Sharjah International Library Conference (SILC), November 10-12, 2020.
Preliminary program and registration will be available on July 31st.
The library conference will have informative programs on a wide range of topics for librarians from academic, public, school, government, corporate and special libraries.
Included will be:
- Hands-on pre conference workshops
- Great book buying opportunities
- Poster sessions
- Exhibits from library vendors
- Exclusive Library Lounge and more...
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Public Librarians | Academic Librarians | School Librarians | Government Librarians | Corporate Librarians | Special Librarians
Participation at SILC Offers the following:
- An international roster of expert presenters
- Concurrent programs on topics for all types of libraries (public, academic, school, and special libraries) covering current trends and technologies, innovative spaces and services, rebranding and proving the value of the library, staff and leadership development, promoting the love of reading, and more
- Keynote speakers, including ALA President Julius C. Jefferson Jr.
- All Sessions in English and Arabic (simultaneous translation)
- Access to all session recordings
- Networking opportunities and use of the exclusive Library Lounge
- Lunches and breaks
- Certificate of attendance
- Conference bags and program book
- Free 3 night's hotel accommodations for librarians purchasing $10,000 USD or more of materials for their library at the Sharjah International Book Fair. Economy airfare and 3 nights hotel for librarians purchasing $20,000 USD or more of materials for their library at Sharjah International Book Fair.
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM AT-A-GLANCE
November 10, 2020
3 full-day workshops including an ACRL (Association of College & Research Libraries)
Road Show for academic librarians
November 11, 2020
Opening and Keynote, ALA President Julius C. Jefferson Jr.
“Leadership Development and Management Effectiveness”
“Reinventing Your Library Space”
“School Librarian of the Year Success Stories”
"Marketing Management in Libraries"
November 12, 2020
If you want to look back or discover sessions, you can view the past conference presentations from 2014 - 2019.
What past participants said