ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Ron Block (Chair, July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017)
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (ACRL Representative, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Ron Block (Member, July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2018)
Mr. Steven W. Pryor, II (Member, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Anna L. Neatrour (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2018)
Gina Seymour (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017)
Irena Klaic (Intern, July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2018)
Jennifer Peters (Intern, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Mr. Simon J.M. Healey (Accessibility Forum Chair, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
John C. DeSantis (Board Liaison, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Pamela Yvonne Akins (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2020)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Julianna Kloeppel (Staff, January 19, 2016, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/29/2016. Last retrieved on 09/29/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Annual 2016 Meeting Minutes
- ALA Annual Meeting 2016 Meeting Room Change
- ALA Annual Meeting 2016 Agenda
- 2016 Annual Conference ITTS Report to WAC
- Midwinter 2016 Meeting Minutes
- 2016 Midwinter ITTS Report to WAC
- Draft Agenda for ALAMW Meeting
- WAC Updates
- Revised ALA Responsive Redesign Comp Available as Image File
- Virtual WAC Meeting Recording for October 30, 2015
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 16 members, with two-year, staggered terms. Includes a chairperson appointed annually. Classification of the 16 members:
- 1 member from each of the 11 divisions, to be selected by the appointing officer of the divisions
- 1 member selected by the Round Table Coordinating Committee rotated among the round tables
- 1 member selected by the Publishing Committee
- 2 members-at-large selected by the appointing officer
- The chair of the ASCLA Accessibility Assembly is an ex officio member
The primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee