Get Involved and Share with YALSA
YALSA offers a number of ways for members to share their expertise, informally and formally:
- Be our next Member Spotlight! Just fill out this brief form. Member spotlights appear in YALSA's weekly E-news.
- Participate in a YALSA Member E-Chat. Periodically YALSA's President or a Committee hosts an e-chat for members. Dates and details will be posted in YALSA's Google calendar.
- Read something that’s perfect for YALSA’s awards or selected lists? Nominate a title! YALSA accepts suggestions for the Alex, Edwards, Morris, Nonfiction, Odyssey and Printz awards, as well as for the Amazing Audiobooks, Best Fiction, Fabulous Films, Great Graphic Novels, Popular Paperbacks, and Quick Picks lists.
- Become a YALSA Presenter! YALSA accepts proposals for programs at the ALA Annual Conference and the annual Young Adult Services Symposium. You can also adapt our canned presentations and use them to present at your local or state conference.
- YALSA accepts submissions for its two journals. The award-winning Young Adult Library Services showcases articles on practice relating to teen services and spotlights significant activities and programs of YALSA; Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults publishes research and research-related articles on libraries and young adults that support YALSA's Research Agenda.
- Interested in writing in a less formal environment? YALSA members can write for the YALSAblog or The Hub.
- YALSA publishes one or two books each year that provide professional development for library workers. Learn more about Publishing with YALSA.