Get Involved and Share with YALSA
YALSA offers a number of ways for members to share their expertise, informally and formally:
- Be our next Member Spotlight! Just fill out this brief form. Member spotlights appear in YALSA's weekly E-news.
- Participate on a YALSA Member E-Chat with President Shannon Peterson. They are scheduled for October 2, 2013, February 5, 2014, and May 7 in 2014. Chats will be held in Adobe Connect from 1:00pm to 2:00pm, eastern. Details will be posted in YALSA's Google calendar.
- Read something that’s perfect for YALSA’s awards or selected lists? Nominate a title! YALSA accepts field nominations for the Alex, Edwards, Morris, Nonfiction, Odyssey and Printz awards, as well as for the Amazing Audiobooks, Best Fiction, Fabulous Films, Great Graphic Novels, Popular Paperbacks, and Quick Picks lists.
- Network with fellow YA and school librarians and library workers in YALSA’s monthly week-long YA Forum discussion, held the first week of each month in ALA Connect.
- Become a YALSA Presenter! YALSA accepts proposals for programs at the ALA Annual Conference and the biennial Young Adult Literature Symposium.
- YALSA accepts submissions for its two journals. The award-winning Young Adult Library Services showcases articles on practice relating to teen services and spotlights significant activities and programs of YALSA; Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults publishes research and research-related articles on libraries and young adults that support YALSA's Research Agenda.
- Interested in writing in a less formal environment? YALSA members can write for the YALSA Blog or The Hub.
- YALSA publishes several books each year that provide professional development for youth services and school librarians. Learn more about Publishing with YALSA.