Get Involved and Learn with YALSA
YALSA offers multiple ways to enhance your career through professional development, including face-to-face and online opportunities.
- Enhance your skills through YALSA’s Online Courses, the equivalent of a full- or 1.5-day workshop.
- Bring YALSA presenters to your library system or consortium for face-to-face training by booking one of YALSA’s Licensed Institutes.
- Participate in YALSA’s live Third Thursday Webinars or access an archived webinar. They are all free to members.
- Attend programs and educational sessions from YALSA at ALA Annual Conference, Midwinter Meeting or YALSA’s annual Young Adult Services Symposium.
- Planning professional development at your library? Find a presenter or add yourself to YALSA’s YA Speakers’ Bureau
- Get one-on-one support by participating in YALSA’s Mentoring Program.
- Use YALSA's curriculum kits to put on your own training. The kits include a script, PowerPoints, activities and more so that trainers can put on a great event with minimal effort.
- Watch short, educational videos, or make one for YALSA.