Money Smart Week
2015 Money Smart Week will be April 18-25: Become Money Smart!
Participate in "Money Smart Week @ your library," a national initiative in its fifth year (in 2015) between the ALA and the Federal Reserve Bank (Chicago) to provide financial literacy programming to help members of your community better manage their personal finances. Visit the Money Smart Week home page of the Federal Reserve Bank (Chicago) for additional details about Money Smart Week. Register for the FREE 2015 Money Smart Week Webinar on Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
Libraries of all types can and do participate, providing programming for all ages and all stages of life on topics such as: basic budgeting; managing student debt; retirement planning; home purchasing; saving money through couponing; and how to prevent identity theft.
In 2014, 700 plus public, academic, school, and even prison libraries in 48 states participated. So mark your calendars to participate April 18-25, 2015!
Learn More at the Money Smart Week National Site
Visit the Money Smart Week home page of the Federal Reserve Bank (Chicago) for additional details about the latest Money Smart Week.
Register for the FREE 2015 Money Smart Week Webinar on Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Register for the FREE 2015 Money Smart Week Webinar on Wednesday, October 1, 2014. The webinar is scheduled on Wednesday, October 1, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon [Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)].
- Financial literacy is important to all communities, and libraries can be part of the solution.
- Through Money Smart Week @ your library, April 18-25, 2015, you can join hundreds of other libraries across the country helping individuals to better manage their personal finances. In 2014 over 700 libraries in 48 states participated.
- Money Smart Week @ your library is a partnership between ALA and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, through which libraries of all types provide financial literacy programming for all stages of life during. Retirees, school kids, college students--everyone can learn more, to be better with their money.
- Learn from veterans and first-timers how Money Smart Week @ your library has been a great success for their libraries, and how it can be in yours. Get valuable programming and promotion ideas, tips on possible partners, and resources that make it easy for you.
- Sign up for this webinar, and learn how easy it is for your library to participate April 18-25, 2015!
Promote Money Smart Week with Bookmarks and Posters
As we have done the past two years, ALA is offering, for purchase, bookmarks and posters to help you promote Money Smart Week @ your library. We primarily will be sending out information on how to purchase MSW promotional materials via the MSW e-list, which you can subscribe to (see Subscribe to the Official Money Smart Week E-list below).
2015 MSW Facebook Cover
Look for the 2015 MSW Facebook cover in early 2015. Please link to http://www.ala.org/offices/money-smart-week unless you want to link to your own MSW activities.
Follow Money Smart Week
Continue to follow Money Smart Week / CRO on Twitter: #MoneySmartWeek
Money Smart Week on Pinterest
Money Smart Week (Angela Meyers)
Money Smart Week (Chicago Fed)
Money Smart Week (Waukesha County Federated Library System)
Money Smart Week 2013 (Kirstein Business Library)
Money Smart Week 2014 (Missoula Public Library)
Become a Partner
Money Smart Week® is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. This is achieved through the collaboration and coordinated effort of hundreds of organizations across the country including businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, not-for-profits, government agencies and the media. These groups come together once a year to stress the importance of financial literacy, inform consumers about where they can get help and provide free educational seminars and activities throughout the week. Programming is offered to all demographics and income levels and covers all facets of personal finance from establishing a budget to first time home buying to estate planning. The effort was created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002. Money Smart Week partners will be hosting their events April 18-25, 2015.
Programs about Money Smart Week
If you are attending the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas, be sure to attend the program Money Smart Week @ Your Library, Sunday, June 29, 1:00-2:30 p.m., LVCC S230. Find out about all the successful 2014 MSW events libraries sponsored and learn what's planned for 2015, and how your library can participate!
Financial Literacy Topics
See Money Smart Week Events (US map with links to programs based on the topics below).
- Basic Banking Services
- Credit and Debt Management
- Estate Planning
- Fairs and Multi-Program Events
- Going Green to Save
- Healthy Habits that Save
- Identity Theft/Investment Scams/Financial Fraud
- Investing and Wealth Building
- Kids and Money
- Money Management for Women
- Personal Finance 101/Budgeting
- Preparing for Financial Emergencies
- Retirement Planning
- Savvy Shopping and Bargain Hunting
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Teens and Money
- Tours and Special Events
- Unemployment and Job Transitioning
Learn More from Past Webinars and Other Presentations
For past webinars, visit Money Smart Week Webinar and Other Presentations. (The most recent PowerPoint presentations are from the 2014 ALA Annual Conference program Money Smart Week @ Your Library.)
Subscribe to the Official Money Smart Week E-list
- Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/mswlibrary
- Choose “Subscribe” from the left-hand column and provide your e-mail address
- First-time subscribers will be required to provide a password
- If you would like to unsubscribe to the list, click here: http://lists.ala.org/sympa/sigrequest/mswlibrary
When is the Next Money Smart Week?
Once again!: MSW will be held April 18-25 in 2015!