The Center for the Future of Libraries provides newsletters to help library professionals think about trends and changes that might shape the future of collections, spaces, services, partnerships, and roles in the community.
Read for Later
The Read for Later e-newsletter provides a weekly wrap-up of news and articles that indicate possible trends and changes that could affect libraries and the communities we serve.
The newsletter is currently distributed via TinyLetter. To receive Read for Later, please visit the subscription page.
Get Smart - Planning Libraries' Roles in Smart Communities
Get Smart is a monthly newsletter produced by the Center for the Future of Libraries with CTG UAlbany as part of the IMLS -funded project “Enabling Smart, Inclusive, and Connected Communities: The Role of Public Libraries.” The newsletter provides information for how smart city development might align with library values and services and the aspirations we have for communities. To receive Get Smart, please visit the subscription page.
Past issues of the Get Smart Newsletter include:
- Collaboration and Engagement in Smart Communities (September)
- Open Data in Smart Communities (October)
- What Does it Mean to be Smart? (November)
- Individuals’ Data in Smart Communities (December)
- Data Collaboration and the Smart Community (January)
- Better Experiences for People (February)
- Environmental Sustainability (March)
- Tech Ambitions and Citizen Interests (April)
- Smart and Equitable Transportation (May)