ETS, the Emerging Technologies Section of RUSA (formerly known as MARS), serves reference information service providers who leverage emerging technologies to deliver the highest quality services to our users. In this context of emerging technologies, we advocate for, promote and strengthen user environments and interactions, as well as the creation of innovative information resources, as part of the continuum of reference and user services in libraries. The possibilities for professional and personal growth are enormous!
New URL! Please update your bookmarks: http://www.ala.org/rusa/sections/ets/
Nominations sought for RUSA ETS Achievement Award
Help us celebrate the amazing members of RUSA’s Emerging Technologies Section (ETS)!
Nominations are being accepted now through January 5th for this year’s ETS Achievement Award. To nominate someone or to nominate yourself, please complete the nomination form and email to Jason Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2018. Nominees must be a current member of ETS and must have been an active member for the past two years.This award, which recognizes excellence in service to RUSA’s Emerging Technologies in Reference section, will be presented at the ETS Chair’s Program during ALA Annual 2018 in New Orleans.
The recipient will have made either:1) sustained contributions toward attaining the goals of ETS; or2) a single, significant contribution that has resulted in a positive impact upon the work of the section.
All nominations must be received by January 4, 2018.
For more information and a list of recent recipients, see the ETS Achievement Award page.
Conferences & Program Events
- ETS: Emerging Technologies @ 2018 ALA Midwinter (Denver)
- Discussion Groups
- Business Meetings
Committees & Discussion Groups
- RUSA Online Volunteer Form
- Committees & Discussion Groups: rosters, charges, more information
- Executive Committee Meeting Minutes (link coming soon)
ETS Governing Documents
- ETS Bylaws
- ETS Forms (under revision)
- ETS Handbook (under revision)
- ETS Policies and Procedures (under revision)
- Best Free Reference Web Sites 2017
- Best Free Reference Web Sites 2016
- Best Free Reference Web Sites Combined Index
- ETS News in RUSA Update
- ETS in RUSA Quarterly Update
- RUSA Update | Reference & User Services Quarterly
- Join the discussion on ETS-L
- Section Review 2007 | Appendix E
- More ETS Publications