Business Reference and Services Section (BRASS)
Whether you're new to business reference and looking for guidance, or you wish to share your business reference expertise, BRASS is your home! Our members come from all kinds of libraries, including public, academic, and corporate.
Committee Volunteers Needed!
- Check out the BRASS Committees
- Go to RUSA's volunteer page and login to ALA
- Select RUSA from the dropdown menu
- Complete the form about yourself and your current ALA responsibilities
- Select RUSA_BRASS from the second drop down menu
- Indicate which committees you would like to help with
You do not necessarily need to travel to conferences to volunteer. While some committees must meet in-person, many have virtual assignments, and some do all their work online. Most committee assignments last two years (there are exceptions) and begin and end after ALA Annual conference. Thank you! :)
Save the Date for the 2015 RUSA-BRASS Program!
- Monday, June 29th: 8:30 - 10am
- Continental breakfast provided by S&P Capital IQ from 8 - 8:30am
“Not Elsewhere Classified”: Researching New and Niche Industries
How do librarians teach business students and entrepreneurs the research techniques for a budding industry or market? How do we help our clients get ahead of an emerging industry or a new idea? Learn from experts about how to locate and evaluate information on leading-edge industries, assess markets, and lead your clients in making strategic decisions when their business crosses traditional NAICS code boundaries or is part of a new field.
- Laura Young
Bizologie: Business research simplified
- Amelia Kassel
Marketingbase: Research is your first step