STARS Events and Activities
Save the date: FREE "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about ILL" workshop at ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia, Friday January 24, 2014
RUSA STARS announces a FREE "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about ILL" workshop at ALA Midwinter. This workshop will take place from 8:30am - 12:30pm on Friday, January 24, 2014. The workshop will be held in the Library Learning Terrace at Drexel University. There is no charge to attend and refreshments will be served. You do not need to be an ALA member or be registered for ALA Midwinter in order to attend this workshop.
This system-neutral workshop will cover best practices in resource sharing, address ways you can best serve your users, and provide an excellent overview of the resources and support available to ILL practitioners. Whether you’re new to resource sharing or have been providing services for years, this workshop will help you to reconsider your approaches, make decisions about user services, define best practices, and introduce you to ways you can best contribute to the resource sharing community while reflecting your own library’s mission. Past attendees have given us positive feedback:
- “Great overview, fills in gaps (I am a new librarian)”;
- “All three presentations were excellent and timely. After 20+ years in ILL, it is always good to learn, learn!”
* 8:30 to 9:00 Check-In and light refreshments
* 9:00 to 9:10 Introductions
* 9:10 to 9:55 Borrowing: Megan Gaffney, University of Delaware Library
* 9:55 to 10:40 Lending: Karen Janke, Erikson Institute
* 10:40 to 10:55 Break
* 10:55 to 11:40 Copyright: Cindy Kristof, Kent State University Libraries
* 11:40 to 12:20 Assessment and Statistics: Collette Mak, University of Notre Dame
* 12:20 to 12:25 Closing Remarks
* 12:25 to 12:30 Complete Evaluations
Thank you to Atlas Systems and OCLC for sponsoring this no-charge workshop.
Hope to see you there!
RUSA STARS Education and Training Committee