Membership and Member Opportunities
Emerging Technologies Section Committees and Discussion Groups
ETS Membership | Committee Rosters
Our members are active in public, academic and special libraries throughout the country. We invite you to join us soon. Become a member of a ETS committee or discussion group. Help plan programs and open forums, or develop publications and resource guides, that will have a direct impact. Use your experience to expand and enhance this constantly changing profession. Complete the RUSA Online Volunteer Form.
ETS Committees and Discussion Groups
Much of the work of ETS is accomplished by its committees and members. Committee appointments are open to any ALA member who belongs to both RUSA and ETS. Committee meetings are generally open to visitors, and participation is welcomed. We provide a tremendous variety of subjects and issues to stimulate and challenge you.
- Achievement Recognition Certificate Committee (previously known as 'My Favorite Martian')
- Best Free Websites
- Executive Committee
- Hot Topics in Electronic Reference Discussion Group
- Management of Electronic Resources and Services (sometimes known as MERS)
- Nominating Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Planning Committee
- Preconference Planning Committee (ETS/RSS)
- Professional Development
- Publications Committee
- Services for Systems & Discovery (new!)
- Virtual Reference Services (ETS/RSS)
If you are interested in the work of ETS committees, please complete a RUSA Online Volunteer Form.