The American Library Association has created this Event Toolkit to help libraries and other institutions celebrate Preservation Week. The press kit, event planning ideas, and event promotion tips will help lay the groundwork for a successful event. Information on preservation itself is found in the Preservation Toolkit.
Planning Your Event
- Easy, Low-Cost Ideas to Celebrate Preservation Week | PDF
- Partner to Celebrate Preservation Week | PDF
- Ideas for Programs throughout the Year | PDF
- Planning Your Preservation Week Event | PDF
- Your Preservation Event Checklist Worksheet (PDF)
- Finding a Speaker: PW Speaker Locator (site)
The Preservation Week Message
Promoting Your Event
- Preservation Week Press Kit and Publicity Tools websites to help spread the word about Preservation Week.
- Add your event to the Preservation Week Event Map (site)
- 10 Essential Tips for Writing Press Releases | PDF
- Sharing your Success: Evaluate to Tell Your Preservation Week Story | PDF
Logos, Tools, and Handouts
- NEW! Bookmark with Quick Tips on getting started with Preservation.
- Videos on Preservation
- Flyer: Top 10 Reasons to Preserve Collections (PDF)
- Save Your Stuff! PW Tips business cards
- Official Preservation Week posters and bookmarks from ALA Graphics
- LOGOS! Preservation Week Logos (.zip file with all artwork)