In lieu of face-to-face meetings at the 2020 ALA Annual Conference, ALCTS will hold a Virtual Interest Group Week, June 8-12, 2020. Registration is free and meetings are open to all.
ALCTS interest groups offer:
- unique opportunities to be involved in the association
- a forum for networking and for great discussions of hot topics
- avenues for producing publications and developing and presenting programs
- any number of subgroups, task forces, and working groups to support the group's function and work
- a venue for people with similar interests in issues, problems, and topics to assemble
Learn how to start a new interest group or renew an existing group.
ALCTS Interest Groups
This listing of ALCTS groups will take you to more information on current IGs. Contact the chair of the group, listed on the IG's page, for more information on upcoming meetings.
Make plans to attend one of the IG meetings—we will be glad to have you!
- Access to Continuing Resources IG
- Acquisitions Managers and Vendors IG
- Administration of Collection Management IG
- Authority Control IG (ALCTS/LITA)
- Bibliographic Conceptual Models IG
- Book and Paper IG
- Cartographic Resources Cataloging IG
- Catalog Form and Function IG
- Catalog Management IG
- Cataloging and Classification Research IG
- Cataloging Norms IG
- Chief Collection Development Officers of Large Research Libraries IG
- Collection Development Issues for the Practitioner IG
- Collection Development Librarians of Academic Libraries IG
- Collection Evaluation and Assessment Interest Group IG
- Collection Management & Electronic Resources IG
- Collection Management and Development in Public Libraries IG
- College and Research Libraries IG
- Competencies and Education for a Career in Cataloging IG
- Copy Cataloging IG
- Creative Ideas in Technical Services IG
- Digital Conversion IG
- Digital Preservation IG
- Electronic Resources IG
- Electronic Resources Management IG (LITA/ALCTS)
- Faceted Subject Access IG
- Heads of Cataloging Departments IG
- Linked Library Data IG (ALCTS/LITA)
- MARC Formats Transition IG (ALCTS/LITA)
- Metadata IG
- New Members IG
- Newspaper IG
- Preservation Administrators IG
- Preservation Metadata IG
- Promoting Preservation IG
- Public Libraries Technical Services IG
- Publisher-Vendor-Library Relations IG
- Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services IG
- Scholarly Communication IG
- Technical Services Directors of Large Research Libraries IG
- Technical Services Managers in Academic Libraries IG
- Technical Services Workflow Efficiency IG
Need to renew your group? Complete the IG Renewal Form.
Questions? Contact Donia Conn, IG Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: As of May 2008, discussion groups were no longer part of the ALCTS structure. All discussion groups were transitioned to interest group structure, so the names of many groups were changed.