Why join ALCTS?
ALCTS is here for you:
- Standards. Members develop and evaluate new, world-wide library standards for RDA implementation, linked data, preservation, metadata, and archiving.
- Information Exchange. The ALCTS peer network consists of professionals who enjoy the work as you do and can help you build your skills as it enriches your worklife. Share what you know.
- Best Practices. Members share experience and build lasting methods for workforce development with ALA, Library of Congress, OCLC, and others.
- Continuing Education. Find specific, cutting-edge online and in-person training and extension courses to stay ahead of new developments, keep skills sharp and knowledge current.
- Publications. ALCTS publishing committees create the best print and Web-based resources for your work. Library Resources & Technical Services is the foremost peer-to-peer resource in tech services.
- Professional Development. Serving on ALCTS committees, contributing to the publishing program, or creating content for continuing education builds your skills and your resume while you work on issues that impact the profession.
ALA Membership and Dues
In order to join ALCTS, you first join the American Library Association (ALA). Choose the membership type that's right for you and add ALCTS membership to it. You can then join any of ALCTS five special interest sections (or all of them) for free. These are the ALA membership types:
Personal | Support Staff | Student | International | Organizational | Corporate | Life Member
As you might expect, the amount of your dues will depend on your membership type. See the Dues page for more information on ALA dues. ALCTS dues are the cost of ALA membership plus:
- Personal: $65
- Support Staff: $25
- Student: $15
- International: $65
- Organizational: $75
Learn more about membership types in these online documents or contact ALA Customer and Member Services at 1-800-545-2433 (press 5). The professional CAMS staff will answer your questions and help you select the right membership type.
Not sure if ALCTS is right for you?
Each of our members has had to make the decision to join--just like you're doing now. Several ALCTS members have taken the time to share what their membership has meant to them both professionally and personally. Read about their ALCTS Experiences. | more.