About the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services
- members are dedicated to acquisition, identification, cataloging, classification, and preservation of all kinds of library materials
- members are tasked with developing and coordinating the country’s library resources
- members are involved in selection and evaluation during acquisition of library materials and develop library resources
- founded in 1957; celebrated 50 years in 2007
- ALCTS is pronounced (uh-lex')
ALCTS enjoys a rich, 55-year history of service to its members and continues to improve the products and services it offers its members. With strategic and tactical plans firmly in place, ALCTS has a solid foundation from which to expand its influence.
Comprised of nearly 4,000 members from across the United States and 42 countries from around the globe, ALCTS is the premier resource for information specialists in collection development, preservation, and technical services. We are the leader in the development of principles, standards, and best practices for creating, collecting, organizing, delivering, and preserving information resources in all forms.