ALCTS is the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services, a division of the American Library Association. ALCTS is the national association for information providers who work in collections and technical services, such as acquisitions, cataloging, metadata, collection management, preservation, electronic and continuing resources.
ALCTS enjoys an almost 60-year history of service to its members and continues to improve the products and services it offers its members. With strategic and tactical plans firmly in place, ALCTS has a solid foundation from which to expand its influence.
- members are dedicated to acquisition, identification, cataloging, classification, and preservation of all kinds of library materials
- members are tasked with developing and coordinating the country’s library resources
- members are involved in selection and evaluation during acquisition of library materials and develop library resources
- founded in 1957; will celebrate 60 years in 2017
- ALCTS is pronounced (uh-lex')