Publications & Resources
|Library Resources & Technical Services
ALCTS's peer-reviewed quarterly journal takes a critical approach to questions and challenges facing technical services professionals. Professional books are reviewed.
Voice that reports ALCTS activities with summaries as well as brief articles focusing on problem solving and other topics of interest arising from members' day-to-day activities on the job.
|Sudden Selector's Guides
Series that helps library workers get familiar with new subject areas by covering the tools, resources, people, and organizations they will need to keep collections relevant.
Offer in-depth coverage of current topics in library technical services—often collections of papers by presenters and other experts.
|Acquisitions & Collections Guides
Two series that introduce library staff to the procedures, operations, and potential difficulties staff will encounter on-the-job with practical information and advice.
|z687: Creating the Future of Technical Services
Online collection of white papers and think-pieces by library technical services professionals for their peers.
- Guidelines for Standardized Cataloging for Children, 5th (November 2010)
- Research Topics (September 2008)
- Guidelines on When to Create a New Record (August 2007)
- Development of a Spanish Subject Headings List (July 2007)
- Cataloging & Classification: Suggested Research Topics & Essay Methodology (June 2007)
- RDA: Project Manager's Perspective (April 2007)
- Syllabus for Serials and Integrating Resources Cataloging (August 2012)
- Sudden Selectors Guides (2007–)
- Collection Assessment Resources (May 2011)
- Collection Connection: The Library Collection Management Blog (March 2011)
- Moderately Risky Business: Challenging Librarians to Assume More Risk (June 2009)
- Collection Development Guides (June 2009)
- Resources on Collections (September 2008)
- Minimum Digitization Capture Guidelines (June 2013)
- Planning and Constructing Book and Paper Conservation Laboratories: A Guidebook (August 2012)
- Preservation Education Directory, 9th edition, revised (December 2011; revised August 2012)
- Digital Audio Metadata Standards, revised (August 2011)
- Definitions of Digital Preservation (June 2009)
- Guide to the ANSI/NISO/LBI Library Binding Standard (March 2009)
- Disaster Preparedness Clearinghouse (February 2009)
- ALA Preservation Policy 2008 (September 2008)
- Preservation Manager's Guide to Cost Analysis (September 2008)