a 2016 ALCTS Preconference
Friday, June 24, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. | event code: ALC2 | Register
Metadata Madness is an “unconference,” where session topics are proposed at the beginning of the conference and voted on by participants. Anyone attending can propose a session related to metadata, such as tools, schemas, controlled vocabularies, ethics, or anything you can think of! You can volunteer to lead a session or participate. You will also learn how to plan your own unconference and receive digital copies of the Unconference Proceedings to continue the discussion at your institution. Metadata Madness is informative and hands-on, emphasizing equality, learning, and fun!
- Participants will learn about metadata topics they choose and that are important to them.
- Participants will curate the content of the unconference. Some will lead sessions.
- Participants will meet and make networks with other metadata professionals.
- Carolyn Hansen, Metadata Librarian, University of Cincinnati
- Amy Bailey, Head of Cataloging, Indiana University
Metadata practitioners, tech services librarians, archivists, digital services librarians, students, anyone interested in metadata
Register through the ALA Annual Conference web site. Add this preconference to your conference registration or register for this preconference alone.
The price of this full-day preconference is:
- $99 for ALCTS members
- $139 for ALA members
- $179 for nonmembers
ALCTS thanks Marcive, Inc. for their generous support of this event.
MARC Format Transition Interest Group; ALCTS Metadata Interest Group; Creative Ideas in Technical Services Interest Group
Additional ALCTS Events at Annual Conference
For a listing of other conference events, visit the ALCTS conference web page.