Sponsored by School Library Connection
Deadline: June 30, 2019
The AASL Research Grant is to recognize excellence in manuscripts addressing a persistent and recurring challenge in the field of school librarianship. The American Association of School Librarians (AASL), through the Educators of School Librarians Section (ESLS), will invite submissions of papers on original research with this focus. Full papers submitted can either be:
- Articles published in a peer-reviewed journal with a publication date no earlier than January 1, 2018; OR
- Completed research papers ready for submission to a peer-reviewed journal, or currently under review.
Submissions may include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Technology Leadership
- Instructional or Curriculum Design
- Shared Foundations as outlined in the 2018 AASL National School Library Standards
- Digital Literacy Skills Integrated in Content Learning
- Inquiry Learning
- Technology-Enabled Learning
- Collaborative Learning in the School Library
- Inclusiveness and Respect for Diversity
The paper must:
- Describes a significant issue OR unique topic in the field of school librarianship
- Presents a clear rationale, model, and/or theoretical framework
- Includes a thorough literature review providing an overview of existing research and evidence
- Offers a complete and thorough synthesis of a body or research to develop an argument OR provides a detailed methodology and results from an original empirical study
- Illustrates how research findings may be applied to the field
- If selected, at least one author must be able to attend the AASL National Conference or ALA Annual Conference (dependent upon year) to present.
- If selected, at least one author per paper must be willing and able, upon request, to author a practitioner-friendly article on their research for publication in School Library Connection.
* Please note: This downloadable version is for informational purposes only. All papers must be submitted online, via the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Deputy Executive Director