Get funding, training, and tools to help your community grow their skills, career, or business
The Public Library Association (PLA) is thrilled to work with public libraries like yours to get people the skills they need to grow their careers and businesses. As library staff, we know you play a pivotal role in developing your community by providing key digital resources and guiding your patrons on how to maximize them.
Libraries Lead with Digital Skills is an initiative of ALA and PLA, sponsored by Google, to ensure that public libraries across the nation receive ongoing access to free tools and resources to help everyone across America grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
Call for Applications
Tell us how your library is assisting job seekers and empowering small business owners with digital skills!
Select one of the Grow with Google resources to integrate into a new or existing workshop, class, event, etc. and submit your idea via our simple application. Accepted libraries receive:
- Funding – $1,000 with minimal application and reporting requirements, with the opportunity to receive an additional $3,000 bonus if your program is selected for a Spotlight Award (view more details).
- Marketing support – ALA and Google can help get the word out about your program with social media guidance, marketing assets, and more.
- Technical guidance – Have questions about curriculum resources or programs? Ask Google! Need some best practices in library programming? PLA is here to help!
- A community of practice – Troubleshoot challenges and share ideas with other libraries that receive funding alongside ALA, PLA, and Google.
- Advocacy tools – Use our impact evaluation tools and advocacy resources to create and sustain the digital skills plan for your community.
Open applications include:
- Iowa (Apply Now through May 27)
- Delaware (Apply Now through June 3)
- Vermont (Apply Now through June 3)
Opportunities in all 50 states will open in conjunction with Grow with Google tour events (details below). Dates will be updated on the Per State Application & Funding Timeline as they become available. Applications will be reviewed at the priority deadline, then on a first-come-first-served basis if funding remains.
About Grow with Google
Launched in 2017, Grow with Google is an initiative to help create economic opportunities for all Americans and draws on a 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people and businesses grow. Grow with Google aims to help everyone across America—those who make up the workforce of today and the students who will drive the workforce of tomorrow—access the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
- Job seekers can grow their skills in order to find new jobs and advance their careers.
- Startups can learn how to get their ideas the exposure they need to succeed.
- Small business owners can build their online presence and find new customers.
- Students and teachers can learn how to put the latest technology to work inside and outside of the classroom.
Grow With Google has made a commitment to deliver in-person workshops for job seekers, small businesses, and library staff in all 50 states. The tour consists of free, one-day events hosted in local libraries, with the goal of helping people learn valuable digital skills like how to use the internet to help their small business grow, or how to use online tools to organize a job search. Learn more about the tour and upcoming events.
Libraries and other nonprofit organizations can access free curriculum and outreach tools through the Grow with Google Partner Program, and can apply for micro-funding from the American Library Association and Grow with Google’s Libraries Lead with Digital Skills initiative.
In partnership with