Preservation Education Directory
THIS PAGE REMAINS UNDER CONSTRUCTION (some content / links may not be entirely displayed, formatted, or functional at this time).
The Preservation Education Directory provides listings of educational opportunities in the United States and Canada in the areas of preservation and conservation training. It includes both formal education courses from ALA-accredited institutions, as well as informal sessions, workshops, and webinars available through various organizations. The directory format is being transitioned from a published document (PDF) to a maintained web page.
- The directory was compiled and edited in March 2015 by the
Program, Planning, & Publications Committee (PPP), which serves the
Preservation and Reformatting Section (PARS) of the ALA division
Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS).
- This latest edition was converted to its current web format in 2016 by Sean Buckner, Chair of the PARS Web Working Group, who continues to update and maintain the web pages.
- 10th Edition was expanded from previous editions to include additional training opportunities in the areas of audiovisual and digital media preservation. Preservation Education Directory, 10th ed. rev. 2015
- 9th Edition was expanded from previous editions to include training in the areas of audiovisual and digital media preservation. Preservation Education Directory, 9th ed. rev. 2012
- 8th Edition was an effort to convert previous editions to an electronic Web-based publication. Preservation Education Directory, 8th ed. rev. 2002