In today’s information landscape, there are fewer topics that more urgently demand expansive discourse than digital preservation, which touches on everything from technology to copyright. The Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS) steps up to the challenge with this comprehensive overview. Global in scope, it features case studies and contributions that discuss such key issues as:
- the history of digital preservation;
- digital preservation and information ethics;
- strategies for getting started, sustaining digitization programs, and performing evaluation;
- fine-tuning digital preservation workflows, with a look at Digital Streams Matrix for analyzing pathways and tasks;
- preserving e-books, mobile device data, and other specific types of materials;
- collaborative efforts in digital preservation, including jargon-free techniques for engaging non-technical colleagues in digital legacy tools and processes; and
- the copyright, legal, and administrative issues connected with digital preservation.
Academic librarians, technical services staff, technologists, and administrators will all benefit from this incisive collection.
6" x 9"
item no.: 978-0-8389-1713-8
softcover $84.99, ALA members: $76.49
Year Published: 2018
ALCTS titles are available though the ALA Editions Approval Plan, Category: TS