Teens' Top Ten Participants
The Teens' Top Ten is an ongoing project in which publishers of young adult books provide copies of their recent titles to teen book discussion groups in libraries. In exchange, teen readers evaluate books for the 60+ publishers who participate.
The selected libraries receive galleys and review copies for their own use and act as nominators for the Teens’ Top Ten list of the best new books for young adults. Teens are responsible for creating a national list of new titles that is voted on by teens starting in August at www.ala.org/teenstopten. The Teens' Top Ten is announced right after Teen Read Week, the third week of October.
2014-2015 Teens' Top Ten Groups
- Allen County Public Library Teen Advisory Board, Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Ind., advised by Mari Hardacre and Katie Jacobs
- ABC- Anna Book Club, Anna (Ohio) Middle and High School, advised by Melissa Rivera
- CCHS YA Galley Group, Concord-Carlisle (Mass.) Regional High School, advised by Robin Cicchetti
- Hagaman Teen Advisory Group (HTAG), Hagaman Memorial Library, East Haven, Conn., advised by Sarah Mallory
- LPL Teen Book Club, Lawrence (Kans.) Public Library, advised by Molly Wetta
- Masconomet Middle School, Masconomet Regional Middle School Boxford, Mass., advised by Diane Green
- Mount Carmel Academy Book Club, Mount Carmel Academy, New Orleans, advised by Terri Rousey and Tracey Couret
- PCTI Book Club, Passaic County Technical Institute, Wayne, NJ, advised by Claire Houghton-Kiel
- Read, Read, and Read Some More, Milton (Vermont) Middle School and High School, advised by Owen McDermott
- Reader's Forum & Lit Chat, Katz Library/ Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY, advised by Rachael Ricker
- SMFHS Book Club, Stow-Munroe Falls (Ohio) Public Library and Stow-Munroe Falls High School, advised by Christina Getrost
- Teen Book Posse, TAB, and Q Club, Kitsap Regional Library, Bainbridge Island, WA, advised by Stefanie Graen
- Teens Know Best, Metropolitan State University and St. Paul (MN) Public Library, advised by Marika Staloch
- Volunteer Reading Club, Clarksville (Tenn.) High School, advised by Beth Frerking
- YA Gotta Read This!, Charlotte (NC) Mecklenburg Library - North County Regional Library, advised by Molly Collins
Publishers interested in participating in the Teens' top Ten project can contact Nichole O'Connor, YALSA program officer for conferences and events, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387.
For further information on the Teens’ Top Ten project, visit the YALSA Teens' Top Ten Web site at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten,