Teens' Top Ten Participants
The Teens' Top Ten is an ongoing project in which publishers of young adult books provide copies of their recent titles to teen book discussion groups in libraries. In exchange, teen readers evaluate books for the 30+ publishers who participate.
The selected libraries receive galleys and review copies for their own use and act as nominators for the Teens’ Top Ten list of the best new books for young adults. Teens are responsible for creating a national list of new titles that is voted on by teens starting in August at www.ala.org/teenstopten. The Teens' Top Ten is announced during Teen Read Week, the third week of October.
2013-2014 Teens' Top Ten Groups
- BHS Book Club, Barrington (Ill.) High School, advised by Janet Anderson and Jennifer Walsh
- Book Hook, Cecil County Public Library, Elkton, MD, advised by Caroline Barlow
- Bookhype, Perry Branch Library/Perry High School, Gilbert, Ariz., advised by Allison Burke
- Bookmarked, Patrick F. Taylor Science & Technology Academy, Jefferson, La., advised by Elizabeth Kahn
- CCHS YA Galley Group, Concord-Carlisle (Mass.) Regional High School, advised by Robin Cicchetti
- Greene Teens Review Board, Springfield-Greene (MO) County Library, advised by Sarah Bean Thompson
- HCRHS Bookworms, Hunterdon Central Regional HS, Flemington, NJ, advised by Marci Zane and Karen Malzone
- Interesting Reader Society (IRS), Poudre River Public Library District, Fort Collins, CO, advised by Diane Tuccillo & Sue-Ellen Jones
- McReaders, Oakridge Middle School, Clover, SC, advised by Kathy Corbiere
- Mount Carmel Academy Book Club, Mount Carmel Academy, New Orleans, advised by Terri Rousey and Tracey Couret
- PPL Teen Book Club, Prescott (Ariz.) Public Library, advised by Jennifer Kendall
- Read, Read, and Read Some More, Milton (Vermont) Middle School and High School, advised by Owen McDermott
- The TABbler, La Vista (Nebr.) Public Library, advised by Lindsey Tomsu
- Teen Book Posse, TAB, and Q Club, Kitsap Regional Library, Bainbridge Island, WA, advised by Stefanie Graen
- Teens Know Best, Metropolitan State University and St. Paul (MN) Public Library, advised by Adela Peskorz and Marika Staloch
- Young Adult Advisory Councils, Johnson County Library, Shawnee Mission, Kans., advised by Kate McNair
Publishers interested in participating in the Teens' top Ten project can contact Nichole Gilbert, YALSA program officer for conferences and events, for more information at email@example.com or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387.
For further information on the Teens’ Top Ten project, visit the YALSA Teens' Top Ten Web site at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten, or call 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4390.