Baker & Taylor Awards for Friends Groups and Library Foundations
The Baker & Taylor Awards recognize Friends groups and library Foundations for outstanding efforts to support their library. Three winning groups will receive $1,000 each. Awards are given for a specific project culminating in the year prior to application, or based on the full scope of the group’s activities during that year. Applications are judged on the following:
- Planning: Friends/Foundation, library, and community involvement, use of resources, appropriateness of the activity, and measurable goals and objectives.
- Implementation: Use of resources, public relations, task monitoring, and broad membership involvement.
- Evaluation: Assessment of activity or program, measurable results.
- Innovation: New idea or implementation, creative involvement of people, fresh use of public relations.
- Community Involvement: Broad support by the community in planning and implementation.
Applications are due in early May of each year. The application form will be available in January 2015.
Learn more about award winners: