Baker & Taylor Awards for Friends Groups and Library Foundations
The Baker & Taylor Awards recognize Friends groups and library Foundations for outstanding efforts to support their library. Two winning groups will receive $1,000 each. Awards are given for a specific project culminating in the year prior to application. Applications are judged on the following:
- Planning: Friends/Foundation, library, and community involvement, use of resources, appropriateness of the activity, and measurable goals and objectives.
- Implementation: Use of resources, public relations, task monitoring, and broad membership involvement.
- Evaluation: Assessment of activity or program, measurable results.
- Innovation: New idea or implementation, creative involvement of people, fresh use of public relations.
- Community Involvement: Broad support by the community in planning and implementation.
Applications are due May 1, 2016.
Learn more about award winners: