The United for Libraries/Thrift Books Friends Grant enables one member of a Friends of the Library group at a public library to attend the ALA Annual Conference. Applicants must be first-time attendees, and must be active in their public library Friends group. The winner will receive a grant of $850, plus full ALA Annual Conference registration.
Requirements for application:
- The applicant must be a member of a Friends of the Library group in a public library.
- The applicant must be a first-time attendee of any ALA conference (Midwinter or Annual).
- The applicant must include a recommendation from a board member of the Friends of the Library group, or the library director.
- The applicant must include a one-page summary of their activities in the Friends of the Library group.
- The applicant must complete an official release form.
If you have questions about applying, please email email@example.com or call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.
Applications must be submitted by Jan. 11, 2019.