United for Libraries/Thrift Books Friend Conference Grant
The United for Libraries/Thrift Books Friends Grant enables one member of a Friends of the Library group at a public library to attend the ALA Annual Conference. Applicants must be first-time attendees, and must be active in their public library Friends group. The winner will receive a grant of $850, plus full ALA Annual Conference registration.
Requirements for application:
- The applicant must be a member of a Friends of the Library group in a public library.
- The applicant must be a first-time attendee of any ALA conference (Midwinter or Annual).
- The applicant must include a recommendation from a board member of the Friends of the Library group, or the library director.
- The applicant must include a one-page summary of their activities in the Friends of the Library group.
- The applicant must complete an official release form.
Applications for the 2015 National Friends of Libraries Week Award must be received by Jan. 15, 2016.
If you have questions about applying, please email email@example.com or call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.