ALCTS New Member IG
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/21/2013. Last retrieved on 05/21/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Connect with ALCTS NMIG on:
- ALA Connect: http://connect.ala.org/node/85257
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALCTSNewMembersIG
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/ALCTS_NMIG
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/ALCTS-New-Members-Interest-Group-4322966
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Reminder: Wednesday Chat, Careers in Technical Services
- Careers in Technical Services
- Finding a Career in Technical Services webinar archive
- March chat this week! Presenting at Conferences: Tips and Tricks for New Members
- Presenting at Conferences: Tips and Tricks for New Members
- Reminder: February Chat, Navigating a New Library
- February Chat: Navigating a New Library
- ALCTS New Members Interest Group Chats: We need your input!!!
- Reminder: January Chat this week, Navigating ALA Midwinter Conference
- Midwinter Program
The ALCTS New Members Interest Group consists of four members. Appointed via chair or voted in by members at large. Serving one year terms and led by chair. In addition, we have added the role of Community Coordinators. These coordinators serve as specialized conduits of information from the organization to the community.
Established in 2009 at the request of the ALCTS Board of Directors. Originally charged with helping new members successfully navigate the ALCTS structure, the charge has grown to include facilitating relationships between new members and ALCTS sections and providing a portal to section and committee information of use to new and potential members.
ALCTS values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the ALCTS New Members Interest Group. The only criterion is the need to be active in your discipline and interest area. Take part as an officer, volunteer, or simply a member. We are an open group, composed of members and nonmembers of ALCTS and ALA. Members and volunteers can learn about the value of ALCTS, as well as build relationships with their peers, and possible mentors. Contact information for ANMIG members can be found in our ALAConnect Community. Join us!