Linked Library Data IG (ALCTS/LITA)
To provide a forum for discussion of issues related to Linked Library Data and the role of library metadata in the Semantic web. Goals include: raising awareness of Semantic Web technologies, such as the Resource Description Framework (RDF) and the use of URIs as identifiers within bibliographic descriptions; promoting research on linked data challenges, such as domain modeling and vocabulary selection and design; and informing the ongoing development of existing metadata standards for Libraries, Archives and Cultural Heritage Institutions.
Displaying active committee roster as of 06/20/2013. Last retrieved on 06/20/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Midwinter 2013 - business meeting and managed discussion reports
- Linked Library Data Discussion at ALA Midwinter
- Linked Library Data IG business meeting at Midwinter 2013
- Linked Library Data
- Meeting notes, ALA Midwinter 2012
- Creating Library Linked Data: What Catalogers and Coders Can Build
- CANCELLED Linked Library Data Interest Group
- Linked Data Pre-Conference at ALA Annual
- Tools, Resources, Vocabularies and Data Sets - Prototype pages
- Agenda Midwinter 2012, Sunday, Jan. 22, 10:30-12
Interest groups are self-initiated and not appointed by division officers. Membership consists of any number of participants and is open to ALA members. The leadership of each group is selected by the group.
The LInked Library Data was formed in 2011.