CMS Executive Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/04/2013. Last retrieved on 12/04/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- FAQ for CMS Interest Groups
- CMS Executive and Leaders Minutes June 2013
- CMS Membership Survey Results Spring 2013
- ALCTS CMS Exec Virtual meeting Jun 4, 2013
- ALCTS CMS Exec & Leaders Minutes Midwinter 2013
- ALCTS CMS Exec & Leaders Agenda Midwinter 2013
- Virtual Executive Committee Meeting notes 12/12/12
- CMS Exec virtual meeting minutes 9/19/12
- CMS Exec and Leaders meeting minutes Annual 2012
- CMS Annual 2012 Agenda
The Board on Acquisitions of Library Materials was created in 1951; in 1957 it combined with the former Division of Cataloging and Classification, the former Serials Round Table, and the former ALA Board on Resources to form the Resources and Technical Services Division; in 1973 the Resources Section formed by the merger of the RTSD Resources Committee and Acquisitions Section; the Collection Management and Development Committee (CMDC) became a Resources Section committee in 1973. Expanded to nine members from seven in July 1982. In 1991 the Collection Management and Development Section was constituted as a new section; and in 1991 the Resources Section became the Acquisition of Library Materials Section. Function statement revised June 1973 and July 1991. RTSD became ALCTS in 1989. CMDS was reorganized and renamed Collection Management Section (CMS) in 2010.