If you’re not familiar with the format, we’re using the ALCTS e-Forum model, which provides an opportunity for librarians to discuss matters of interest, led by a moderator, through the e-Forum discussion list. The e-Forum discussion list works like an email mailing list: register your email address with the list, and then you will receive messages and communicate with other participants through an email discussion.
Create an account at the ALCTS Electronic Discussion Lists website (lists.ala.org):
- Go to the e-Forum website http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alcts-eforum
- Click the "Login" button in the top right-hand corner
- Click on "First login?"
- Enter the email address where you'd like to receive the e-Forum messages
- Once you receive an email message containing the password, return to the Login page and enter your email address and password.
Subscribe to email@example.com:
- Once you are logged in, click on "Search for list(s)"
- Enter alcts-eforum in the search box
- Click on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you get to the discussion forum page, click on "subscribe" in the "List Home" section
- Click on the "I subscribe to list alcts-eforum" on the subscription page. You are now subscribed.
Please note: Once you have subscribed to the list, you will begin receiving messages for the e-Forum when it begins.
Change Your Preferences
To create your own password, click on "Your Preferences" and create a new password and make a note of it.
You can come back to lists.ala.org anytime to manage your subscription:
- change your email address for any reason
- cancel/unsubscribe after the e-forum or at any time
- access the list archive to review a discussion
- choose to receive the messages in digest format instead of one email at a time.
While logged on lists.ala.org, click “Your Preferences” to view and confirm your email address. You can add an alternate email address if you have an email alias or if you wish to post from two different addresses.