YALSA Members enjoy FREE Monthly webinars!
Become a YALSA member and gain access to all YALSA live webinars and all webinar archives. (YALSA members will continue to have full access to live webinar sessions and all recordings. as a part of association membership.) Non-members can access a live monthly webinar for $79.
For more information on pricing for state library agencies, as well as general subscription pricing, contact email@example.com .
Present a Webinar
If you are interested in presenting a YALSA webinar or have an idea for a Snack & Chat please complete this form.
YALSA members can access registration details below for current webinars as well as in the weekly YALSA e-news or by signing into their ALA account and visiting the "Members Only" section of the YALSA website.
Non-YALSA members who want access to YALSA's webinars can register for individual webinars at a cost of $79/per webinar.
YALSA Member Webinar: No Shushing Required - Fun Library Activities
Thursday, October 20th at 1 pm Central
Looking for some new Teen Programming ideas. This webinar will reflect interactive and fun library activities that the author implemented at her high school during the 2021-2022 school year. This session will reflect four activities designed to keep the author's school library experience alive to the students and teachers as they re-enter the physical school universe but at the same time follow some social and physical distancing rules. The projects presented on the session are Book Tasting, Lunch Time Games, Book March Madness, and Giveaway Book Club. The presentation will contain a definition of each program and pictures to engage the audience visually.
At the conclusion of this webinar the learner will be able to:
1. Implement these programs and activities with their teens
2. Create their own interactive activities adjusting to the needs and learning style of their students/patrons.
3. Obtain some YA book suggestions for their activities.
Monica Lourenco started her teaching career in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. As an adult, she moved to the United States, pursued her Education doctoral degree, and taught students with special needs. Monica's passion for books, information, and literature inspired her to go back to school and pursue her master’s degree in Library and Information Science, through the University of Arizona. She graduated in May 2021. This is her third year as a High School Librarian.
Register today! Make sure to login into your ALA account
Looking for a past webinar? YALSA members visit our webinars-on-demand web page.
2018 Free YALSA Webinars on the Teen Services Competencies for Library Staff
- Teen Growth & Development - webinar recording
- Interactions with Teens - webinar recording
- Learning Environments - webinar recording
- Learning Experiences - webinar recording
- Youth Engagement & Leadership - webinar recording
- Community & Family Engagement - webinar recording
- Cultural Competence & Responsiveness - webinar recording
- Equity of Access - webinar recording
- Outcomes & Assessment - webinar recording
- Continuous Learning - webinar recording
Looking for more past webinars related to the above topics? Check out the respective pages below:
- Teen Growth and Development
- Interactions with Teens
- Learning Environments
- Learning Experiences
- Youth Engagement & Leadership
- Community & Family Engagement
- Cultural Competency and Responsiveness
- Equity of Access
- Outcomes & Assessment
- Continuous Learning