YALSA's Teen Services Competencies for Library Staff describe Learning Environments in this way:
"Cultivates high-quality, developmentally appropriate, flexible learning environments that support teens individually and in group experiences as they engage in formal and informal learning activities."
The association's current and previous continuing education opportunities in this area are:
Note: All YouTube videos include closed captioning. Turn it on by hovering over the video and cicking on the CC logo.
YALSA members can access the full set of archived webinars related to the topic of Learning Environments via our YouTube playlist by logging in to this site.
Non-members can purchase individual access to webinars related to Learning Environments for $19 or purchase group access for $99.
- December 2019: Learning Circles for Staff, for Teens, and for the Community
- November 2019: Computational Thinking Through Puzzles and Games
- May 2018: Learning Environments
Free access for members and non-members
- May 2017: Repair the Harm: Using Restorative Approaches to Library Behavior Management?
- December 2016: What Do You Want to Do Here?
- August 2014: Welcoming Spaces - Serving Patrons on the Autism Disorder Spectrumt
View the Learning Environments YouTube playlist for all of our short videos on this topic.
To learn more about YALSA's continuing education opportunities contact Linda W. Braun, CE Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org