Early Bird Registration extended through Thursday, September 30th
Please register for the In-person or Virtual Symposium by September 30th for the best pricing. YALSA also now has group pricing available for the Virtual Symposium. Information is now available on the Virtual Registration page. YALSA has also extended the Virtual Stipend application through September 24th. There are 10 stipends available, apply today to earn free tuition to the Virtual Symposium.
YALSA's Helath and Safety Protocols in Reno.
The symposium will take place November 5 - 7, 2021 with a theme of Biggest Little Safe Spaces: Serving Teens During Times of Adversity.
The Young Adult Services Symposium is open to everyone, not just YALSA members.
The past year has presented teens and the libraries that serve them with numerous challenges that will continue to affect them in 2021 and beyond. What does the future hold for today’s teens? Where do we as librarians go from here? What’s next for our libraries? Join YALSA, librarians, and YA authors in Reno for the 2021 Symposium as we discuss strategies for serving teens during difficult times and continue to develop programs that ensure our biggest little safe spaces thrive for years to come.
Want updates about the symposium? Sign up to receive updates here.
Questions? Contact Carla Jamison at email@example.com
- November 5-7, 2021 Reno, NV
- 2022 TBD
- Virtual Symposium, November 6-8, 2020 (visit the web site)
- Memphis, November 1-3, 2019 (visit the web site)
- Salt Lake City, November 2-4, 2018, (visit the web site)
- Louisville, KY, November 3 -5, 2017, (visit the web site)
- Pittsburgh, PA, November 4-6, 2016 (visit the web site)
- Portland, OR, November 6-8, 2015 (visit the web site)
- Austin, TX, November 14-16, 2014
- St. Louis, MO, November 2-4, 2012
- Albuquerque, NM, November 5-7, 2010
- Nashville, TN, November 7-9, 2008
Apply now for YALSA’s Young Adult Services Symposium Stipend.