ACRL has a number of tools to help you better understand the workings of the Association and guide you through the process of working with ACRL.
ACRL Leader Orientation
The following orientations were recorded in July 2022, and are provdied for ACRL leaders with terms for July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
- Division-level Committees Leader Orientation: July 19, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. central. YouTube | Slide Deck |
- Sections, Interest Groups, & Discussion Groups Leader Orientation: July 20, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. central. YouTube | Slide Deck |
ACRL News & Updates
- Blogs & Podcasts: ACRL, as well as its sections and committees, offer a number of Web 2.0 enhanced sites for its members. These resources facilitate virtual collaboration, networking, and centralize vital information.
ALA Connect is an online platform for discussion and collaboration between ALA members. Non-members are also welcome to create a free ALA Connect account and have access to numerous resources as well as discussion viewing privileges. To learn more about using ALA Connect, please visit the ALA Connect FAQ.
- ACRL on ALA Connect: ACRL membership group have an ALA Connect community for holding discussions, sharing resources, and publicizing events and meetings. A link to each group's ALA Connect Community can be found in the "Resources" section on a group's roster page. To locate a group's roster page, please visit the Directory of Leadership.
- Communities of Practice ALA Connect Community: consists of current chairs and vice-chairs/chairs-elect of each ACRL section and current conveners of each interest group.
- Division-level Committee Leaders ALA Connect Community: consists of current chairs and vice-chairs of each ACRL division-level committee.
Directory of Leadership (contact info is members-only)
The ACRL Directory of Leadership includes charges and rosters for the ACRL Board of Directors, Committees, Task Forces, Discussion Groups, Interest Groups, and Editorial Boards.
Division-level Committee Resources
ACRL division-level committees are created by the ACRL Board of Directors, and each committee is charged to carry out specific functions, goals, and interests.
- Division-level Committe Rosters
- 2021-2022 Report & 2022-2023 Work Plan Instructions
- Volunteer Information
- ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures: Chapter 3: ACRL Committees
Visit ACRL Forms for HTML and PDF versions of a range of ACRL forms, such as petitions for establishing chapters, sections, interest groups, and discussion groups; Board of Directors action forms; publication and program proposals; and scholarship applications.
Guide to Policies and Procedures
The complete ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures, covering committees, chapters, sections, appointments, awards, and more.
ACRL members should follow the ALA Online Code of Conduct during online engagement.
- ACRL Virtual Meetings LibGuide & LibCal: ACRL offers use of its virtual meetings software. Due to the increasing demand for meeting space from or 300+ groups, we encourage you to please consider using your own virtual meeting software for smaller meetings less thsn one hour.
- ACRL transitioned from the Rooms Booking Module to the new Spaces Module in November 2022. We recommend that you view the Spaces Module FAQ to assist you with your virtual meeting requests.
- ASGCLA Accessible Communication Styles Toolkit: The Association of Specialized Government and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASGCLA) offers tips and resources for accessible communication.
- ASGCLA Virtual Accessibility Toolkit: Tips and guidelines from ASGCLA for accessible virtual meetings.
- Hateful Conduct in Libraries: Supporting Library Workers and Patrons
- Libraries Respond: Cyber-bullying and Doxxing
- Making the Meeting (members only): This suite of podcasts, tip sheets, checklists, and additional resources created by Eli Mina is designed to help ALA members improve their skills as meeting managers and committee chairs.
Section Resources provide details on How to Work with ACRL to Plan a Section Special Event, Chair/Vice-chair calendars, and more.
A listing of ACRL staff members with areas of responsibility and complete contact information.