ACRL has a number of tools to help you better understand the workings of the Association and guide you through the process of working with ACRL.
ACRL Leader Orientation
The following orientations were recorded in July 2021, and are provided for ACRL leaders with terms for July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022.
- Division-level Committees Leader Orientation: YouTube | Slide Deck | Companion Document
- Sections, Interest Groups, & Discussion Groups Leader Orientation: YouTube | Slide Deck | Companion Document
ACRL News & Updates
- Blogs & Podcasts: ACRL, as well as its sections and committees, offer a number of Web 2.0 enhanced sites for its members. These resources facilitate virtual collaboration, networking, and centralize vital information.
Directory of Leadership (contact info is members-only)
Charges and rosters for the ACRL Board of Directors, Committees, Task Forces, Discussion Groups, Interest Groups, and Editorial Boards.
HTML and PDF versions of a range of ACRL forms, such as petitions for establishing chapters, sections, interest groups, and discussion groups; Board of Directors action forms; publication and program proposals; and scholarship applications.
Guide to Policies and Procedures
The complete Guide to Policies and Procedures for ACRL, covering committees, chapters, sections, appointments, awards, and more.
Key Dates & Deadlines
Download the 2020–2021 Key Dates & Deadlines (PDF)
Meetings & Communication
- ACRL Virtual Meetings LibGuide & LibCal: ACRL offers use of its virtual meetings software. Due to the increasing demand for meeting space from or 300+ groups, we encourage you to please consider using your own virtual meeting software for smaller meetings less thsn one hour.
- ASGCLA Accessible Communication Styles Toolkit: The Association of Specialized Government and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASGCLA) offers tips and resources for accessible communication.
- ASGCLA Virtual Accessibility Toolkit: Tips and guidelines from ASGCLA for accessible virtual meetings.
- Making the Meeting (members only): This suite of podcasts, tip sheets, checklists, and additional resources created by Eli Mina is designed to help ALA members improve their skills as meeting managers and committee chairs.
How to Work with ACRL to Plan a Section Special Event, Chair/Vice-chair calendars, and more.
A listing of ACRL staff members with areas of responsibility and complete contact information.