- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This session will focus on the selection and construction of LC Classification (LCC) call numbers for literature, maps and atlases, and moving images, including the construction of cutters for literary works and juvenile belle lettres.
Prerequisites: Catalogers with some experience with classification or those who have attended Part 1 in this series.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Construct Cutters for literary works
- Construct literary author numbers and Cutters for juvenile belle lettres (PZ schedule)
- Construct call numbers for maps and atlases
- Apply the existing LCC PN schedule for moving images
- Learn about alternatives to the PN schedule for moving images
Who Should Attend
Catalogers and metadata librarians
All webinars are recorded and the one-time fee includes unlimited access to the webinar recording. All registered attendees will receive the link to the recorded session so if you are unable to attend the webinar at the time it is presented, you will have the opportunity to listen to the recording at your convenience.
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.