- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This session will briefly introduce the history of LC Classification (LCC) and the general principles of classification. Participants will be introduced to the Classification and Shelflisting Manual and learn how to make use of Classification Web, Authorities.loc.gov and the freely-available LCC schedules to select classification numbers. There will be special focus on the use of the LC Cutter table and when to use it.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of classification
- Select appropriate LCC class numbers based on the subject analysis of the resource
- Construct appropriate Cutters for topics and authorized access points
Who Should Attend
Catalogers and metadata librarians
All webinars are recorded and the one-time fee includes unlimited access to the webinar recording. All registered attendees will receive the link to the recorded session so if you are unable to attend the webinar at the time it is presented, you will have the opportunity to listen to the recording at your convenience.
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.