Webinars and Events
2014 Free Webinars
Webinar events given free of charge in observance of Preservation Week 2014 will be announced by January 2014. Libraries are encouraged to use the live broadcasts or the recordings as part of their Preservation Week events.
Go to the Event Map to locate events in your area or to promote your event.
Access these free webcasts from previous Preservation Weeks.
- Hosting a Personal Digital Archiving Day Event with Erin Engle (2013)
- The Preservation of Family Photographs with Debra Hess Norris (2013)
- Personal Digital Archiving with Mike Ashenfelder(2013)
- Archival 101: Dealing with Suppliers of Archival Products with Peter D. Verheyen (2013)
- Taking Care: Family Textiles with Bronwyn Eves (2012)
- Preserving Your Personal Digital Photographs with Bill LeFurgy (2012)
- Accidents Happen: Protecting & Saving Family Treasures with Nancy Kraft (2011)
- Protecting Future Access Now: Models for Preserving Digitized Books and Other Content at Cultural Heritage Organizations with Amy Kirchhoff (2011)
- Preserving Your Personal Digital Memories with Bill LeFurgy (2011)
- Archival 101 (2010)
- Mold Prevention and Remediation (2010)
- Nancy Kraft's webcast on Disaster Preparedness (2010)
- find more free webcasts on the ALCTS Preservation play list on YouTube
If you receive a Codec error when playing the recorded file with Windows Media Player, download the gotowebinar codec file from: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/codec?Portal=www.gotomeeting.com The Codec acts as a patch that allows the recording, which is created with a higher version of Media Player, to play in version 7.
View the events posted to these Google maps for ideas on how to celebrate Preservation Week.