United for Libraries members may serve on a variety of division level committees. The United for Libraries Vice-President/President-Elect selects committee members and chairpersons in mid-May each year, with terms of service July 1-June 30.
Those interested in serving on the following United for Libraries Committees should email email@example.com.
- Awards & Honors Committee
- Finance Committee
- Governance Committee
- Leadership Development Committee
- Membership Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Partnership & Fundraising Committee
- Programs Committee
- Public Policy & Advocacy Committee
United for Libraries group members are not ALA members, and therefore cannot serve on committees. If you are currently an United for Libraries group member and wish to purchase ALA/United for Libraries membership, please call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools & Resources
- Basics of Parliamentary Procedures (PDF, 11 kb)
- How to Chair a Committee (PDF, 106 kb)
- For more information, please read "A Short History of United for Libraries" (PDF, 51 kb) by past-president Peggy Danhof.
- Committee/Task Force Report Form (PDF, 32 kb)
- Committee Meeting Attendance Form (PDF, 80 kb)