In addition to the full list of titles, the Quick Picks committee selected the following as its top ten.
- Brown, Jeffrey. Star Wars Jedi Academy. Scholastic, 2013; 9780545505178; $12.99.
Will the force be with Roan at the Jedi Academy?
- Bruchac, Joseph. Killer of Enemies. Tu Books, 2013; 9781620141434; $19.95.
Lozen, an Apache hunter, is blackmailed into killing genetically modified monsters.
- Charbonneau, Joelle. The Testing. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013; 9780547959108; $17.99.
Will Cia have what it takes to survive The Testing?
- Henderson, Elisabeth and Nancy Armstrong. 100 Questions You’d Never Ask Your Parents: Straight Answers to Teens’ Questions About Sex, Sexuality, and Health. Roaring Book, 2013; 9781596438682; $12.99.
Honest and direct answers to the questions everyone is too embarrassed to ask out loud.
- London, Alex. Proxy. Philomel, 2013; 9780399257766, $17.99.
In order to repay a life debt Syd must take the punishment for anything rich boy Knox does wrong. When Knox goes too far, he and Syd finally meet and discover the secrets of their society.
- Lynch, Chris. Vietnam #4: Casualties of War. Scholastic, 2013; 9780545270236; $16.99.
In this final installment, Beck struggles with his duties in the Vietnam War.
- Medina, Meg. Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass. Candlewick Press, 2013; 9780763658595; $16.99.
Yaqui Delgado wants to kick Piddy Sanchez's ass. But what will Piddy do?
- Newman, Aline Alexander and Gary Weitzman. How to Speak Dog: A Guide to Decoding Dog Language. National Geographic, 2013; 9781426313738; $12.95.
What are dogs really trying to say when they lick your face or chase their tail?
- Shen, Prudence. Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong. Faith Erin Hicks. Roaring Book Press, 2013; 9781596436596; $16.99.
Charlie's best friend, Nate, maniacally declares war on the ruling cheerleaders and an unlikely truce is formed. (Graphic novel)
- Zadoff, Allen. Boy Nobody. Little, Brown Books, 2013; 9780316199681; $18.00.
A trained teen assassin may just meet his match.