First Time ALA Annual Conference Attendees
Location: MCC 260-262
LITA Preconferences: Friday, June 22, 2018
Location: MCC 230
Women in technology face numerous challenges in their daily work. If you would like to join others in the field to discuss those challenges, AvramCamp is for you. This one-day joint LITA and PLA preconference will allow female-identifying individuals employed in various technological industries an opportunity to network with others in the field and to collectively examine common barriers faced. This day will follow the unconference model allowing attendees the power to choose topics most relevant to them. The day will start with looking at imposter syndrome, the feeling that you aren’t actually qualified for the work you are doing and will be discovered as a fraud. Participants will then have the opportunity to propose lightning rounds and session proposals on a variety of topics such as salary negotiation, creating inclusive job postings, and becoming leaders in the technology field.
Location: MCC 229
Location: MCC 228
Interest Group Discussion Sessions
Find days, times, and locations of LITA Interest Group discussions in the ALA Annual Scheduler.
Coming soon: Check out this page for fuller descriptions for some of the discussion sessions.
Apply now for the LITA Conference Buddy Program for the 2017 ALA Annual Conference
LITA is excited to continue our program designed to make conference attendance more approachable, foster inclusion, and build connections. Inspired by the GLBTRT Buddy Program, we hope to foster stronger relationships among LITA members who attend conferences and also make attendance more enjoyable and rewarding for everyone who participates.
Find more information, including instructions for applying for the program, on the Conference Buddy page.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the Diversity & Inclusion Committee at LITAConferenceBuddy@gmail.com
LITA Conference Kickoff - Canceled
Location: MCC 395-396
- Seanan McGuire
- Nnedi Okorafor
- Jacqueline Carey
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Location: MCC 293
- Berit Nelson, Chief Product Officer, SirsiDynix
- Jane Burke, VP Strategic Initiatives, ProQuest
- Beth Jefferson, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, BiblioCommons
- Mary Sauer-Games, Vice President, Product Management and Product Marketing, OCLC
Sunday Afternoon with LITA
Location: MCC 344
- Marshall Breeding: Session moderator, Independent Consultant, Library Technology Guides
- Jason Bengtson: Assistant Director, Kansas State University Libraries
- Laura Cole: Director, BiblioTech
- Justin de la Cruz: Unit Head, E-Learning Technology, Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
- Marydee Ojala: Editor-in-Chief, Online Searcher: Information Discovery, Technology, Strategies, Information Today, Inc.
- Reina Williams: Reference Librarian and Education Coordinator, Library of Rush University Medical Center
Location: MCC 260-262
Sunday, June 25, 2018, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
600 Fulton St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Join LITA members from around the country for networking, good cheer, and lively conversation. Cash bar.