- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This webinar was presented on November 15, 2017. Access the recording and webinar materials now:
If we expect our users to be able to find our collections of games and three-dimensional materials, we must catalog them. We will explain how to catalog these materials using current cataloging standards. We also will discuss how to increase the discoverability of these catalog records by applying facets and genre terms. Facets allow the user to narrow searches by choosing clearly defined subcategories. Genre terms allow the user to search for particular types of resources. We will share our experiences in applying current cataloging standards, facets, and genre terms to meet user needs when cataloging a large collection of tabletop games.
Upon completion, attendees will:
- Understand why games and other three-dimensional materials must be cataloged if they are to be accessible to users
- Understand how discovery layers in the catalog will enhance user access to games and other three-dimensional materials
- Understand how genre terms will enhance discovery of games and other three-dimensional materials
Who Should Attend
Academic, public, school libraries with collections of three-dimensional materials
A recording of the webinar will be available at no charge six months from the date of the presentation.
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.