ProQuest Coutts Award for Innovation in Electronic Resources Management
Deadline for submissions is December 1.
The award recognizes significant and innovative contributions to electronic collections management and development practice. The award is sponsored by the Collection Management Section (CMS) of ALCTS.
Criteria for selection of the winner will be determined by the person's achievements, including but not limited to:
- Building and managing new types of electronic collections and materials
- Addressing selection issues and processes for electronic resources
- Creating effective organizational structures for the workflow management and development of electronic resource collections
- Increasing visibility, discovery, and user access to electronic library resources
Nominations should include:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of each nominee and nominating party
- Formal statement of nomination that includes a rationale
- Description of any projects that the nominee has initiated and successfully completed
- Letters of support and endorsement
Letters of endorsement from others should provide additional evidence of the worthiness of the nominee. The number of letters of endorsement received for a nominee shall not be a determining factor in the selection process; rather, the evidence of the person's accomplishments that fulfill the intent of the award shall be the factor considered.
Self-nominations will not be accepted. Current employees of ProQuest are not eligible for the award.
The recipient receives a citation and a $2,000 award generously donated by ProQuest.
The award is presented during the American Library Association Annual Conference each year at the ALCTS Awards Ceremony and Membership Meeting.
Contact the Chair of the award jury for more information. See the award jury roster.
|2015||Jill Emery and Graham Stone|
|2010||Galadriel Chilton and William Doering|
|2009||Judy Luther and Selden Lamoureux|