RUSA offers multiple online professional development opportunities year round that are open to the public.
Whether you want to acquire new skills or sharpen your current skills, RUSA's online courses and webinars offer convenient and flexible learning opportunities on both basic and advance topics.
Basic topics may include the reference interview and readers' advisory to name a few. For advanced topics we dive into specialty areas such as business reference and genealogy among others. RUSA members qualify for discounted registration rates including discounts on group registrations.
All courses are hosted asynchronously* in Moodle.
All webinar times are Central (Chicago) Time. All webinars are hosted in Adobe Connect.
Individual course registration rates:
Online and fax registration ends at close-of-business the Thursday before the course begins. Mailed registration forms must be postmarked by two Mondays prior to the course start date.
Group course registrations?
- We offer 15% savings for group registrations.
- Groups are defined as two or more librarians/staff from a library or network of libraries who are enrolling in the same course at the same time.
- Register online or download the group registration form to fax or mail in.
Individual webinar registration rates:
- RUSA members: $45
- ALA members: $50
- ALA student & retired members: $25
- Non-members: $65
Group webinar registrations?
- Single login ($99): for groups who will view the webinar together in a single location, e.g. a conference room.
- Multiple logins ($38 per person, minimum 2ppl): for institutions who want two or more employees to participate, but each will be at their own workstations. For multiple logins, you must have minimum of 2 participants in the same course from the same library or library system in order to receive the group rate.
- Register online or Download the group registration form.
- Questions about registration: contact Membership and Customer Service at (800) 545-2433, option 5, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about Moodle or successfully taking online courses? Check the FAQ.
- Any requests for cancelation of registration must be received in writing ALA/MACS department by the latest registration deadline listed online and are subject to a $40 processing fee.
- RUSA reserves the right to cancel a course or workshop for reasons including insufficient numbers of students.