Pride and Passion: The African American Baseball Experience
About the Pride and Passion: The African American Baseball Experience “Pride and Passion: The African American Baseball Experience” has been designated as part of the National Endowment for the Humanities’ (NEH) “We the People” initiative, exploring significant events and themes in our nation’s history and culture and advancing knowledge of the principles that define America. It is a collaboration between the National Endowment for the Humanities, the American Library Association, and the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. The exhibition is based upon a permanent exhibition of the same name on display at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Cooperstown, N.Y.The traveling exhibition and tour are funded by a major grant from NEH to the American Library Association Public Programs Office.
Pride and Passion
The libraries selected to host the “Pride and Passion: The African American Baseball Experience” exhibit (in alphabetical order by state) are:
- Huntsville-Madison County Library, Huntsville, Ala.
- City of San Jose/San Jose State University King Library, San Jose, Calif.
- Daytona Beach College Library, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- DeKalb County Public Library, Decatur, Ga.
- Des Moines Public Library, Des Moines, Iowa
- Oak Park Public Library, Oak Park, Ill.
- Fort Scott Community College Library, Fort Scott, Kan.
- Louisville Free Public Library, Louisville, Ky.
- Ouachita Parish Library, Ouachita, La.
- University of Massachusetts/Amherst W.E.B. DuBois Library, Amherst, Mass.
- Enoch Pratt Free Library, Baltimore, Md.
- Albion District Library, Albion, Mich.
- Detroit Public Library, Detroit, Mich.
- Rolling Hills Public Library, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Bladen County Public Library, Elizabethtown, N.C.
- Holly Springs Branch Library, Wake County Library System, Holly Springs, N.C.
- Omaha Public Library, Omaha, Neb.
- Ocean County Library, Toms River, N.J.
- New York Public Library Countee Cullen Branch, New York, N.Y.
- Poughkeepsie Public Library, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Pennsylvania State University/Harrisburg, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Spartanburg County Public Libraries, Spartanburg, S.C.
- Harris County Public Library, Lone Star College-CyFair Branch, Cypress, Texas
- Milwaukee Public Library, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Natrona County Public Library, Casper, Wyo.