Miriam L. Hornback Scholarship
Named for a long time ALA staff member (1944-1991) who was secretariat to the ALA Council and Executive Board.
Award and Frequency
- Open to library support staff currently working in a library.
- U.S. or Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Attend ALA accredited Master's Program.
- No more than 12 semester hours towards MLS/MLIS/MIS prior to June 1 of year awarded.
- Personal Statement.
Attend ALA accredited Master's Program.
Apply online at www.ala.org/scholarships.
Work Phone: (312) 280-4279
Fax: (312) 280-3256
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/26/2016. Last retrieved on 05/26/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The following items are required for all scholarship applications. Be sure to check the requirements of the specific scholarship for which you are applying because you may need to mail additional documents.
- Required. Completed online application (which includes a personal statement).
- Required. Completed references (only references on the official online form will be accepted). A total of three references must be submitted. You will be prompted to indicate your professional references within the online application.
- Required. Official academic transcripts from institutions where you received your bachelors degree. These can be submitted directly from the institution, or mailed in the unopened envelope as received from the degree-granting institutions along with any other materials you may need to submit. Only official (sealed) copies will be accepted. Transcripts must be received by or on March 1st.
- Additional required items must be received in the ALA Scholarship Clearinghouse on or by March 1st to be considered. The mailing address is: ALA Scholarship Clearinghouse, 50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611.
Recipients will be contacted by phone after June 1st. All other applicants will be notified by e-mail after July 1st.