Student and Student Chapter Outreach Committee
The Student and Student Chapter Outreach Committee (SASCO) is charged with the task of developing and maintaining a network of individuals able to promote ALA and NMRT and to work with other NMRT and ALA recruitment efforts to help keep student members informed of various NMRT activities, awards and scholarships and to review/evaluate NMRT's student recruitment efforts.
For more information on student chapters, please visit ALA’s Student Chapter Directory.
History of the Committee
No history available.
- Communicate with library school students on a monthly basis (typically via email with student chapter presidents)to share information about NMRT activities, ALA, professional development, and job searching.
- Organize a list of volunteers that will be willing to make personal or virtual visits to talk with library school students about NMRT and professional association involvement (Speaker's List).
- Maintain SASCO website and Handbook entry.
- Assist in advertising the Student Chapter of the Year Award (SCOTYA).
- Assist at the NMRT Student Reception.
- Assist in the Mentor/Mentee Program.
- Serve as ambassadors for NMRT at every opportunity.
- Attend ALA Membership Committee meetings.
2015-2016 Committee Roster and Liaison Assignments
Each Student Chapter and/or degree granting institution has a SASCO liaison who is available to answer any questions about ALA or NMRT involvement. The committee members are listed below with their assigned schools.
Let us connect you! We provide LIS students with the opportunity to have active NMRT and ALA members speak (virtually or in-person) about involvement in the association and professional development topics. This is a wonderful opportunity for ALA's best and brightest to be ambassadors to the next generation of library leaders and to keep our professional organization viable. Any questions about the Speakers' Pool should be directed to the current chair.
Previous Years' News
An archive of updates from the committee are available on the NMRT SASCO blog.